About the Torbay Social Enterprise Network
Whether you’re thinking of starting a business, just getting underway, or established and ready to grow – we’re here for you. Torbay Social Enterprise Network (TSEN) works with members of all communities across Torbay to start up and support socially useful businesses.
We have an incredibly experienced core team, a stable of local experts, and a regional network of amazing professionals. And, of course, as one of the Enhance Social Enterprise partners we can also link to their expertise. All of this means that whatever your needs, we can probably find the right support.
We also run workshops on a variety of topics to help you and your team build know how and the capacities to develop your business. And our Monthly Meet-ups are great places to network, learn from others, and try out your ideas on a group of people who really want you to succeed.
You also need markets for your business. We are working with local ‘Anchor’ institutions to encourage them to look at local providers first. These organisations are permanently rooted in the Torbay economy. They recognize the need to develop the Social Enterprise sector as part of a more resilient local economy. We also have links into the wider business community. Socially responsible businesses will want to work with you, and see you as part of the strategy to cope with future challenges such as the climate and ecological emergency.
Torbay Social Enterprise Network (TSEN) Membership benefits
- Free entry to monthly network meet-ups – speakers / themes / bring your issue & ask for ideas/info
- Free and discounted access to trainings, workshops & development events
- Monthly e-newsletters – keeping you up to date and promoting your business and events
- Free promotion on the Local Spark TSEN website and social media
- Free listing on the Enhance Social Enterprise online database – with a map and directory showing goods and services from social enterprises across Torbay, Plymouth, Devon and Somerset
- 10% discount off the cost of the Social Enterprise Mark worth between £35 and £450 depending on the size of your organisation
Annual membership Fees
- Turnover up to £10k Free for first 12 months
- Turnover £10 to £50k £35
- Turnover £50 to £100k £50
- Turnover £100 to £500k £75
- Turnover £500 to £1m £90
- Turnover £1m to £5m £150
- Turnover £5m + £300
Membership is open to social enterprises and aspiring social entrepreneurs.